New Word: Setback

 Welcome back everyone, today we have a problem. As you were previously told we were set to record everything at my house this week. We were set to uber there and would film everything we needed to and begin the last stage of editing before we had finally finished this project. Until about 2 days ago, when I had felt myself throwing up, with 104 degree fevers, and unable to get myself out of bed. As if we didn't already have enough logistical problems ahead of us, I had fallen sick with BOTH types of Influenza, because just one wasn't enough. This unfortunately set us back about a week for production. This was incredibly unfortunate because as badly as we wanted to film, safety is our number one priority and we couldn't risk getting anyone in KAMY studios sick, even if it was too late for me. Our new date for filming will be in the first week of March, giving me plenty of time to recover and still keeping pace with our deadlines. I've already explained before that our group made accommodations for everyone's schedule, including their Mock Trial practice and my Debate tournaments, but this only added to blockout dates that we couldn't film. On top of this for everyone's safety I can't go to class for an entire week, which for some may seem like a blessing, but for a Junior in highschooler in the bulk of the hardest quarter of the hardest year we take, losing a week is going to be a huge pain to recover from. I have classes such as math or even my other AICE classes such as A level English and AICE History that I'm missing key elements of work from now. Luckily my teachers were generous enough to give me extensions on my assignments once i told them the unfortunate news and showed them my doctor's note to prove i wasn't faking my sickness. I suspect i may have gotten sick from either my mothers workplace, as she works in a preschool which would have many kids all susceptible to diseases, or from my school, where a large population of kids means some of them were sick and passed it to me. I hope it's not the latter because that would put the other members of my group at risk of becoming sick. That would be bad as firstly they'd get sick but secondly it'd mean we have to further postpone production would could put us at risk of not reaching our deadlines. I'll be sure to update you all, and depending on the circumstance our next blog will have either good news or bad news, there's only one way to find out. I'll keep everyone posted and as always, i'll see you all in the next one!

How I feel


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning our next Recording!

Final Plan!

Editing!