Hi, I'm still Andres Santana, a sophomore at Fort Lauderdale High. For this blog I'll be yet again introducing the readers to their lovely writer and talking a little about myself before I get into the project based content blogs. Some of my favorite past times are playing Minecraft with friends, listening to music and pretty much anything I can do with a friend. I grew up in a hispanic household, raised by my Argentinian mom and Colombian dad. Because of them I can fluently speak Spanish, and have been able to take Spanish classes for the past 4 years and have been able to refine the grammatical kinks in my speaking. Along with AICE Spanish and AICE Media, I take AICE European History, Debate, Pre-Calculus, AICE English, and Executive Internship. In Exec, I'm able to be simulated in a real court setting, planning for trials, preparing witnesses for direct and cross examinations, and learning the Federal Rules of Evidence for objections to make in trial. We even get to h...
Welcome back everyone! A key element in production is coordination, as we need to ensure everyone can do the part they can, when they can. This however implies taking all of our schedules into consideration, and finding the time where all 4 of us are available. For Kyra, Marvin, and Yaz this implies accounting for their volunteer events, and Mock Trial practice, and for me that means accounting for Debate. See I am the captain of my Debate Event, and it's something I really enjoy to do. However, the months of January to March are the bulkiest parts of the Debate season, where almost every weekend is one big tournament after the next. In the majority of the weekends of these months I've travelled to Boston to compete at Harvard, Atlanta to compete at Emory University, I've competed at Districts, the Florida State Championship, and National Qualifiers. These weekends are full of weekend tournaments and trips out of town, and it's important to communicate this schedule wi...
Welcome back! For our film props are a very crucial aspect. When deciding how the movie would showcase the mentality of our character we ran through a few ideas. Music was the main choice to set specific themes for our viewers to perceive. Happy upbeat music that shows how the character is feeling in a moment. The way music was going to be utilized wasn’t just for the perception of the shot, it’s also a key part of how we see into our characters mind. The music had to be physically in the environment of the shot. We decided on a speaker that the character interacts with. We had to then tackle the issue of conveying to the audience how the mental state of the character is damaged through this speaker. In my garage I was lucky enough to come across a corded speaker, we realized that the electrical cord was the perfect casual visual queue. When recording the shot the character turns on this upbeat music, he is dancing singing clearly engaging with the music he hears. When the film changes...
Comments
Post a Comment