And the planning begins! Hey guys and welcome back to my blog! The last time you read I was researching for my short film. My group and I were doing things like comparing short films to its feature film version, looking at conventions of short films in our genre we chose (mystery), and etc. Now that my group and I have done the research it’s finally the time to start planning for our short film. So, in this blog, I wanted to talk to you guys about the ideas our group came up with when it comes to the scheduling, location, backup plans, and etc, for our film! Schedule So, for the schedule of our movie, we want to have it completely done and submitted by March 13th. By, this date we will have all of our marketing, editing, and filming done. So, our group decided to start filming around mid February. By filming in mid February, this will allow our group leniency. For example, if we forget to film a certain aspect of the movie, by having a month left, it will allow us to go back and ...
Welcome back everyone! A key element in production is coordination, as we need to ensure everyone can do the part they can, when they can. This however implies taking all of our schedules into consideration, and finding the time where all 4 of us are available. For Kyra, Marvin, and Yaz this implies accounting for their volunteer events, and Mock Trial practice, and for me that means accounting for Debate. See I am the captain of my Debate Event, and it's something I really enjoy to do. However, the months of January to March are the bulkiest parts of the Debate season, where almost every weekend is one big tournament after the next. In the majority of the weekends of these months I've travelled to Boston to compete at Harvard, Atlanta to compete at Emory University, I've competed at Districts, the Florida State Championship, and National Qualifiers. These weekends are full of weekend tournaments and trips out of town, and it's important to communicate this schedule wi...
Welcome everyone, our group must film the crucial scenes of our movie this week, but we're on a time crunch, as we have so much conflicting schedules. We decided to meet this week and all film at my house. One problem however, I live quite far from our school and we have to record during a weekday. To get around this, we decided we'll all get an uber to share a ride. Uber is an app that allows you to book a car ride from one destination to another, but it can be a little pricey. However, it's a necessary expense and split between 4 people is relatively cheap. We're excited to film this week because of the small purchases I made that will greatly improve our quality of film. The first one is a tripod, which i actually purchased last year to help with my media project when I did AS level. It will help us have a steady angle and be able to pan the camera smoothly when needed. The second purchase are microphones I ordered off temu, which connect to my phone, that help with...
Comments
Post a Comment